- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1½ cups of minced onion
- 4 stalks of minced celery
- 4 tablespoons of either Big Fat Belly Good Original or Hot Cajun Seasoning
- 1 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes w/ liquid
- 3½ lbs. of large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1½ cups of seafood stock
- 3 cups of cooked white rice
Heat butter in a large, heavy pot on medium-to-low heat. Add onions, bell pepper, and celery. Sauté and stir until veggies are soft and tender. Add the garlic, Bay leaf, and canned tomatoes. Stir in either Big Fat Belly Good Original or Hot Cajun Seasoning, add the seafood stock, and stir. Cover the pot and cook for 45 minutes. Stir the pot to prevent sticking. If you do not plan on serving immediately, cool and refrigerate. When you're ready to serve, add the shrimp, stir, and cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes until the shrimp are plump/pink. Serve piping hot over rice.
Disclaimer: Proper culinary standards should be met when preparing any recipe. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition.